Stay tuned for updates about the 2016 One Maryland One Book selection!
"The 21st Century Great American Novel"
2016 One Maryland One Book theme: "The 21st Century Great American Novel"
The call for titles is now closed and the One Maryland One Book Selection Committee is hard at work. Thank you for your suggestions!
The theme for 2016 is "The 21st Century Great American Novel."
We're looking for a novel written by an American author that was originally published January 1, 2000 or later. The novel should weave a story that reflects American culture and community.
Additional 2016 One Maryland One Book criteria:
- be able to generate sustained discussion on the year's theme
- be of interest to people in the state of Maryland
- appeal to a wide range of readers of different backgrounds and reading levels
- connect to high school age readers as well as adults
- be of manageable length (up to 350 pages)
- be available in paperback and priced affordably
- be in print, audio and electronic format and, if possible, large print, Braille, film, and translation
- a living author is a consideration, but not a criterion
- a Maryland author is a consideration, but not a criterion
To learn more about the selection process or past One Maryland One Book programs, visit the One Maryland One Book FAQ page.
Questions? Contact Andrea Lewis at email@example.com.
One Maryland One Book Sponsors
This flagship program of the Maryland Humanities Council's Maryland Center for the Book would not be able to reach all 23 Maryland counties and Baltimore City without the continued support of our partners and sponsors. Please join us in thanking them for their generosity!
Join these fine organizations in supporting One Maryland One Book and the Maryland Humanities Council. Make a tax-deductible gift today.