Application: Budget Forms & Cultural Data Project
Link to Application Form
Budget Form Instructions
Budget Form (Excel format)
Cultural Data Project (CDP):
The CDP enables participating organizations to enter their organizational and financial information into an online management tool to make it available to numerous funders, through Funder Reports, and researchers for evaluation and case-making purposes in support of arts and cultural organizations. Once organizations have entered their information in the CDP, they can create reports to analyze their financial health, include in annual reports, use in advocacy campaigns, or compare themselves to peer organizations and partners around the state. Please note that by September 2013 all Major Grant applicants will be strongly encouraged to complete a CDP profile.
I'm Already A Member of the CDP:
If your organization participates in the CDP, you must visit their website, select and run the MHC Funder Report, and attach the report to your grant application.
How Do I Join the CDP?
- Your organization must first register (for free) with the CDP. Visit the Maryland CDP's website to register, and to review their online help/tutorial section, especially their tutorial, Getting Started with the CDP.
- Enter your organization's past two years of data into your organization's CDP profile. This is based on your tax-exempt organization's 990 form or your most recently audited or reviewed financial data.
- Submit your CDP profile. CDP staff will then review it for completeness and may contact you with questions.
- Generate the Maryland Humanities Council Funder Report. Once approved by the CDP, your organization can generate and save Funder Reports for a number of different funders. Visit the Funder Reports section in the left navigation bar, and scroll down to our name to run a Funder Report. We recommend that you run the Funder Report at least two weeks before the grant deadline in case you need to change any information in your CDP profile.
- Attach the Maryland Humanities Council Funder Report to the CDP section of your online MHC grant application.
Tips for Completing Yor CDP Data Profile and Funder Report:
-Have your most recent 990 form and past two years of audited or reviewed financial data available.
-The average completion time for a new CDP Profile is 2 days of intermittent work.
-You may need help from multiple people in your organization to complete your CDP profile because it includes financial, administrative, and program data.
-For assistance in completing the CDP, contact the Maryland CDP Help Desk toll free at 866-9-MD-DATA (866-963-3282) or via email at email@example.com. The CDP Help Desk is open 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday - Friday.