Are you eligible for an MHC Grant?
If you can answer 'yes' to all five of these questions, your organization is eligible to apply for a grant.
1. Is your organization a nonprofit or government entity?
2. Are the humanities a key component to your project?
3. Have you identified humanities scholars or other experts to support the project?
4. Will your project engage and benefit Maryland participants?
5. Do you have matching funds to support project costs?
All applicants must submit a Federal I.D. and DUNS number.
What kinds of projects are eligible for funding?
Grant projects should:
- Use the humanities as a core element of the program or project
- Reach the general public of Maryland
- Engage them in discussions about a critical issue or create an enriching humanities experience
- Be free and open to the public
- Be handicapped accessible and open without regard to race, color, religion, handicap, national origin, sex, disability, or age
What kinds of projects are not eligible for funding?
The Council does not support scholarly symposia directed toward a limited or specialized audience; scholarships, fellowships, or regular course offerings; book publishing; research projects; activities in the creative or performing arts; general operating expenses; construction and/or renovation projects; museum or library acquisitions; direct social action or political advocacy; or fundraising or profit making activities.
Questions? Contact us!