Top Ten Picks: 2014 One Maryland One Book
Each year thousands of readers from across Maryland take part in One Maryland One Book, the state’s largest reading and discussion program. Out of over one hundred entries submitted by the public, the One Maryland One Book Selection Committee has narrowed the list of choices for the 2014 One Maryland One Book reading and discussion program down to ten books. Now in its seventh year, this year’s theme is ‘the American Dream.”
Have you read any of these selections? Do you have a favorite book that made the list? Tell us below what you think!
2014 Top Ten Selections:
- My Beloved World by Sonia Sotomayor
- The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates by Wes Moore
- The Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears by Dinaw Mengestu
- The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis
- Arcadia by Lauren Groff
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The Distance Between Us: A Memoir by Reyna Grande
- When I was Puerto Rican: A Memoir by Esmeralda Santiago
- Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok
- Detroit: An American Autopsy by Charlie LeDuff
We expect to announce what thousands of Marylanders will read in the fall in February, so stay tuned!